Sunday, October 12, 2014

Purple Hair Dont Care .... kind of

As you can see from the previous post I decided that I was going to dye my hair purple. I was a little apprehensive as I’ve only ever dyed my own hair with a foam dye before. I normally get my mum or hairdresser to dye it for me because I cannot be trusted with something that’s important to me. Yes my hair is important to me.So it was my first time dying my own hair with a proper dye. I used the Colour Vibrance from Superdrug in Very Violet (2 for £6.00) and I wanted to test it out before buying an expensive one. I’m always a bit nervous dying my hair a different colour in case i hate it , but at the end of the day it can be washed out and if went drastically wrong I could just say I was dying it for Halloween.













I wasn’t going to originally buy with dye. I was going to buy Garnier Olia Permanent Hair Colour in Deep Violet but the reviews weren’t promising.  The dye was easy to apply, although I did make a mess when washing it out. I washed it out with lukewarm water because I’ve heard using hot water damages the scalp and affects the colour . I’m happy with the results but the colour depends of the light.












In some lights the purple is clearly visible and in other lights it looks like a black cherry colour which I actually really like. This result is probably due to the fact that I still had a red colour left in from my pervious dye. I would recommend it to anyone with blonde and light brown hair as I think the colour will be more visible. I probably won’t re-use this particular dye again but go for the same colour in a different brand once the entire colour from my hair has faded completely though.





No comments:

Post a Comment